Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Welcome to my blog!

Okay okay. I have been annoying folks by sending numerous links to articles that come across my computer from one source or another, in order to inform you on various subjects that I feel are important. The topics mostly center on human and environmental health, and include our current food and agriculture system, global climate change, the obesity crisis, farm-to-school programs, and such. I have been requested to set up a blog so that those who would like to connect to those articles can easily find them in one place, without having to wade through millions of emails from me in their inbox. So, I've entered the realm of today's technology, to inform you, my friends, colleagues and acquaintances, with a little 'food for thought.' I dubbed this blog "Marty's Food Chain" to reflect the ecological and food and ag perspective I intend to 'blog' about. So hope you check in occasionally so I'm not just blogging to myself!

Chow,

Marty

So to start, here's an interesting article from Grist entitled "Slow Food Fight" on Carlo Petrini's take on the famous San Francisco Ferry Market that caused quite a stir!

2 comments:

kaliko said...

Yay, Marty! Thanks for setting this up, now I don't have to maintain the email file of all those references to come back to--I can just come hear. Feel free to keep emailing me to let me know you've posted something.
~Kaliko

Sonia Nordenson said...

I like your lively and informative blog, Marty. Was alerted to it by Christine Denney, and will keep coming back.

Blessings to you,

Sonia (a Farmer John fan in Ojai)